The 8 Most Common Legal Claims Against HOAs
- The HOA failed to maintain the common areas resulting in property damage to an owner's unit and/or personal injury.
- The homeowner association breached a contract with a vendor, contractor, or employee.
- A board member defamed an owner.
- The board failed to comply with its election rules resulting in an improper election of directors.
- A board member publicly disclosed private information concerning a member of the association.
- Someone hired as an independent contractor claims he or she was an employee after being injured.
- The HOA failed to obtain legally required reserve studies resulting in large, unfair special assessments.
- The HOA engaged in unlawful assessment collection practices.
HOA Self-Management Services